Fine loosely twisted yarns get twisted to produce soft, fluffy articles and tightly twisted fibers. These twisters give a hard, even, long-wearing quality. Some twists are wavy, giving a crêpe finish; others have tiny knots, large fluffy knots, or metallic knots. You can find some with tightly twisted fibers with shiny fibers or metallic threads worked into them to make dressy items. China Twisted Yarn supplier also offers fast, lightweight, “bulky” yarns. There are unlimited twisted yarn choices.
You can ribbon either crochet alone or in combination with yarns of all descriptions. Moreover, you can also find ribbons and cotton yarns. They are available in different widths and textures. These days, crocheting is no longer in sweaters or any other kind of garment. Crochet yarns are highly desirable in every woman’s wardrobe. They are practically indispensable for the traveler.
Yarns are nothing but many types of fibers that manufacturers twisted together. The threads are from the plant [means cotton] or from the animal origin [wool]. The fibers are also synthetic materials like acrylic and nylon. These yarns come in different sizes and weights to meet the demand from the crotchetier. If you are a beginner at crocheting, choosing a yarn with a smooth surface and medium twist is better.
China Twisted Yarn supplier marks yarns usually by their length and not by their weight. The strings, in general, are rolled and packed into balls. Based on the fiber structure and the thickness, the length of the yarn will vary.
Wool is the ideal yarn because of its ability to stretch. Silk is the other yarn that you can use very extensively. The main disadvantage of silk is its cost. The resilience of the silk fabric is relatively less when compared with wool.
The following is a classification of the yarn as per the diameter of the string.
- Size -A – these twisted yarns are light as far as weight is concerned. You can use this kind of yarn for baby clothes. This type of yarn is best suitable for thin socks.
- Size-B- these yarns are of medium weight. You can find this type of yarns for suits, dresses, baby clothes, and sweaters.
- Size-C- these are weaving yarns. The weight of these twisted yarns is slightly more than the size B yarn. This type of yarn is best suitable for mittens, hats, slippers, and travel sweaters.
- Size-D- these yarns are bulky. This type of yarn is perfect for heavy jackets, heavy crafts, and rugs. The size and the weight are more than the size C yarn.
- Size -E- These heavy yarns are extra bulky. These yarns are more solemn than size D yarn. People use this yarn only for making rugs.
The twisted yarns are also classified based on the number of stitches per four-inch strip. Fine -there are 29 t0 32 stitches per four-inch, light-there is 25 to 28 stitches per four-inch. Moreover, medium – there are 21 to 24 stitches per four-inch, medium heavy-there is 17 to 20 stitches per four-inch. When it comes to bulky, there are 13 to 16 stitches per four-inch, and extra bulky-there is 12 stitches per four-inch.